Thursday, May 03, 2007

Dachshund ditty and other doggy weaves

I finally finished the coat on Tuesday. Am very pleased with the result - the buttonholes were very tricky since the fabric ended up being so thick, but it worked out in the end.
This is the inside where the lining meets the outer fabric. It is only sewn on with french tacks at a few intervals internally, so it looks a little uneven in the photo.
I used black thread for the buttonholes, as I had selected black buttons. I thought it would blend in more.
My parents have always had dachshunds - and since Jalisa loves dogs I thought that I dog print shirt would be a good way of trying my hand at fabric stencilling. This pattern is Ottobre's best tee pattern, minus the neck binding.


This is #4 from Ottobre1/2007 - I just extended the sleeves. I have another cut out of the pattern - I think I will do some shirring on the sleeve to draw the fabric in a little - it is fairly wide without the elastic.
I had some leftover navy jersey, so I made another pair of baby pants from Ottobre 5/2006..with a smaller version of the dachshund print.

14 comments:

  1. All beautiful, Marie, but the coat is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you have been busy! The coat looks beautiful. Well worth all the hassles. Love the cute doggy stencil too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that top is gorgeous and i love the little dushound top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie I love the dauchund stuff but the coat is absolutely fantastic. I hope you get some really cold weather so she can wear it. I am sure she will get plenty of comments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is fantastic, Marie. That coat - fabulous - can you imagine what you could charge for that in a store! You did a great job on the stencilling too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The coat is fantastic!! What is the lining made of? The pink just sets it off so well.
    Love the dachsund too - isn't stencilling great, I'm hooked on it now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie, all your new pieces are great, but the coat especially, it just looks wonderful - you must be so proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie, coat look stunning! Absolutely stunning! Beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comments guys. Tigerfilly - the lining is made from the "feathers" sweater knit from SL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marie,
    That coat is amazing! And I love the dachshund print. Very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well that coat is just too cute for words! well done marie, it really is something special.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the coat too Marie, thie pink lining is great.
    Love the dog print too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marie - You did a fantastic job on the jacket - well done - I hope that Jay gets lots of wear out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tagged you Marie!

    Check out here:

    http://patchwork-of-mini-grey.blogspot.com/2007/05/time-to-get-tagged.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love receiving comments.