Saturday, August 30, 2008

I love my coverstitch machine...

...and so here are some projects that I have done to practice on it.

I haven't used this pattern for so long, but it has been my staple tee for many years now. I think the pattern is Kwik Sew 3003 but redrafted the neckline so that I would have a crew neck version too. I did not have enough fabric for 3/4 sleeves, so I made half sleeves instead. The fabric is a lovely rayon stretch knit. And look how neat the neck binding is on the coverstitcher.

These are actually the first garments I made on the c/s - 2 nightdresses and some PJs, made from a spotted rayon stretch knit (not the best to practice a new machine on). The PJs are made from the otto best tees pattern and the shorts are vintage Kwik Sew. The nightdresses are made from the Otto singlet pattern (there is a free one on their website, but I used one from 2/05) with just a gathered rectangle. The one on the right is for Jalisa, the others are presents.
This is the Ottobre curved raglan tee (from 2/05) morphed onto some Kwik Sew rompers (3090 from memory). I had intended to cut the sleeves from a contrast knit, but I couldn't find a blue or yellow in the right shade and the other colours I had just look, well, funny. I did topstitch in a navy so that you can see the groovy curve of the sleeve.




9 comments:

  1. Oooooh - I am so jealous of your coverstitcher!!! Everything you have made looks so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic finish the cover stitcher gives!! It looks really good Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Marie look how neat that neckline is - lovley!
    I love the pink and black print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Marie, they're awesome! You are so talented. We must get together for a coffee (and sewing session?!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the nightdresses Marie! Lottie loves nighties and I always have a hard time finding nice ones. I am dreadful at sewing knits, but I may just give have to have a try at this pattern. At least if mine come out dreadfully she will only be wearing them to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I am very jealous! I'd love a coverstitch machine. Your work is always lovely. I love the top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks fantastic Marie! The cover stitch machine does it so neatly! I love how you've combined the two patterns to make the romper, I'd never think of doing stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great Marie - you always manage to do such great knit sewing and now it is even better. What a difference the machine makes and easier I am guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooh i'm deathly jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love receiving comments.