Saturday, August 02, 2008

Vintage Pauline Trigere

I picked up this pattern (bottom right, McCalls 7530, circa 1964) for 20c and decided straight away to make the jacket using the hot pink wool belnd that I had been stashing away for a Winter jacket.
Just looking at the pattern envelope just now and it is a Pauline Trigere design. No wonder this pattern is so fabulous. The pattern describes it as follows - a lined, single breasted jacket, have panel seaming, elbow length sleeves are set into angled armholes.
In time I may make this up again - would look really nice in a lot of different fabrics, over a nice dress (otherwise you may see my tummy like above, I had been wearing a jumper).

Another Pauline link.

3 comments:

  1. I love that style of jacket Marie, it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a yummy looking jacket.......

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this Marie! The sleeve is so lovely and the colour is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love receiving comments.