Monday, January 19, 2009

New tee for me

This is a tee I made for myself using some of my dyed fabric. Pattern is one of my staples, Kwik Sew 3003 with my own jewel neck (sounds better than plain old crew neck).
I actually sewed this only using my overlocker and coverstitcher. See, when I first bought my OL, I used to sew tees with it, but I did not like how much necklines came out. For whatever reason, I have been avoiding my OL for knits because I felt more in control on my SM. But that may change this year. I ended up using some picot elastic to finish the neckline, so avoided the wonky neckline anyway.

5 comments:

  1. Marie, it looks great well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fantastic Marie! I adore the fabric, it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shirt! It's great to make something for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie the colours in this shirt are lovely.
    Glad to hear you are happy with the coverstich machine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:55 pm

    Love the shirt....what beautiful colours! I love sewing knits now too with my coverstitch and overlocker...it makes it so fun and easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love receiving comments.