Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Hoodie for me

This is the first hoodie that I have made for myself. I am pretty happy with it, even though the pockets are positioned wrong and I haven't topstitched the zipper.

The pattern is Kwik Sew 2993. The fabric is some hand dyed fleecy. It is similar to the fabric I dyed for Scott's hoodie, but a slightly different shade - mine is brighter. This is a great pattern though I think there is at least one mistake in it. I used the zipper length recommended (actually, it was 1 cm longer) and it is a little too short. I ended up curving the seam at the top to blend in with the hood, otherwise the end of the zipper tape would have shown. I know that when I did a jacket for DH with a zipper, it had me curve the end of the zipper into the seam to prevent this. I did not have enough length in the zipper to do this.

I did trace off a larger than normal size, so it is a little baggy. It is just a casual, around the house - do the errands in type of jumper.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:29 pm

    I love it!! The green is so fresh and minty :) I haven't tried a hoodie for me yet but it's my next project using some cotton velour.
    I'll have to check out the Kwik Sew pattern you used, looks like a good fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great - well done. Looks nice and warm too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice outfit.. you have an outrageous talent.. keep it up.. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love receiving comments.