Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sewing reviews

This is some of the sewing that I completed last year before we went away on holidays. They have been worn a fair few times but each time I wouldn't have time to get a picture or the batteries were flat or some other lame excuse.

First up is my TNT Burda yoked a-line skirt. I really like this fabric but did not buy much of it. Maybe I was buying it for Jalisa. I would have liked a dress from it, but had to settled on the skirt.
This is a dress from Burda WOF (6/2005 #123). I wanted to try something different for a change. The fabric that I chose did not pair well with the pattern. Too many seams cutting up the pattern.

The pattern was easy and went well together. I had to let out the side seams a little to skim more over my hips. Next time I will flare out the skirt portion when I am cutting out to make it a more flattering A-line shape.

Eek, I did not realise I looked like that from the back.
Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to see some sewing for yourself. They both look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look great but I really love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very lovely garments. You're one talented sewer.
    Great taste in fabrics too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love receiving comments.