Saturday, March 13, 2010

Whoops, I traced the pattern incorrectly and it is missing a zipper. Yay, it still fits (even if it is a tight squeeze to get on)

Whoops, there is a huge smudge on the camera lens. Yay, this is my own draft of a peasant to so that I don't need a zipper.

The only thing I have left on this blouse is the buttonholes and buttons. But the top is so unflattering. The sleeves are supposed to be puffy and they are, slightly. And the pleats make it look maternity. I am not happy with the collar style on me. The pattern itself looks fab. Maybe I can save it. I need help.
Yay - some undies that fit DD. Traced off a RTW pair, I added more height and the waist and bound the seams. They fits wonderfully well.

There is not picture of the whoops vintage style undies that could be mistaken for a parachute.

4 comments:

  1. the two tops above are really great, and the underwear is so cute! I may try tracinng it myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tops look great - sory about the third - you have some nice tops now anyway:)

    Yay on te undies - LOL at the vntage style discription - classic:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your black and white spotty top, I can see it with a bright red belt and you would be totally rocking that look! Could you turn those pleats in the green shirt into darts, or sew the pleats down for about 5cm or so, to reduce some of the puffiness of the shirt front? It's a great colour, don't give up on it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would consider abandoning the sleeves altogether - they look like a difficult fix, and it would be a cute sleeveless top. And maybe lower the neckline slightly, from your pics of the peasant tops I think you definitely suit it lower.
    I'm with Kristy - save it - it's a gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love receiving comments.