Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I love basics

I do prefer simple styles, particularly in Winter when I need a bazillion layers. I am on a mission to sew stuff that I can wear under all the winter woolies that I have already, that can also be worn on their own when it gets warm (during the same day, gotta love the weather here).

So I present, the off white tee
Hmm, a little see through. Very comfy and totally me.

Next up, more Fly Zipper pants, in a grey pinstripe. My assistant insisted on being there.


This is the pants with the tee that I made today. I just used my TNT tee patterns and added a row of shirring elastic to create a ruching effect like some It worked okay. The sleeve on a hanger looks like a longer version of the Anthro tee but on me the ruching is lost because it is a little tight. I think I need a teeny bit more ease for it to look better on me.
I also made this jumper for me today. The fabric is acrylic and I was expecting a struggle but it was really nice to sew with. I used Kwik Sew 2874, basically a raglan with flared sleeves. I have decided I don't like raglans on me, I get this pleat of fabric happening under the arms but I like the sleeve shape so that was enough for me to give it a go.

2 comments:

  1. I think we must have the same sense of style Marie, I absolutely love everything you've made up for yourself lately! The purple top with the shirring down the sleeves is gorgeous and your grey pinstripes pants are really funky too. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you've been so busy! I really need to make up some clothes for me, my wardrobe is looking a bit sad

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love receiving comments.