Friday, December 02, 2011

My croquis

Inspired by Joanne from Stitch and Witter, I too have made myself a croquis. The Colette sewing handbook has you trace a photo of yourself, but I decided to play around with with some programs I have on my computer to get a similar result. Here is me in all my pear shaped goodness.



To do it on the computer with no fancy software, I did the following:
  1. Take photo against plain background in tight fitting clothing
  2. Open photo in Picasso 3
  3. Crop photo (Basic fixes)
  4. Chose B&W in Effects
  5. Save
  6. Open in Paint.net
  7. Select pencil sketch in Artistic (in Effects tab)
  8. Play around with the pencil width - I chose 2
  9. Select the Paint bucket and colour black
  10. Invert colours under Adjustments tab
  11. Save

Or instead of steps 9 and 10, open in Paint and clean up with the eraser.

I could have cleaned it up some more, but I am pretty happy with the results.

Now I think I will ponder my wonky body. No more denial.

3 comments:

  1. This is great! And you are awesome for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun to see. Now I'm interested in how you will use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh - thanks for the Paint pointer! I didn't know there was an "effects" option in there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love receiving comments.