Friday, April 20, 2012

Burda 125-10-2009 - I think I am on to a winner!


I had the help of Steph. She drafted up a pants block and showed me how to tweak it to produce a better pants pattern. Let’s just say she was very patient in dealing with me. I can certainly recommend her pants block service. Just don’t be like me and jump to the wrong conclusion. It will certainly not help with the email communication.


I chose this pattern because it worked well with the requirements of Steph’s simple pants pattern. My usual pants patterns have yoke/waistband. But then agin, the Jalie patterns I use have a straight waistband so this is like the best of my favourite patterns. I had to change the waistband to a curved on when I tried on the pants with the waistband. There was just too much ease there and it was not a good look.

My main issue with fitting pants was the rear view. There was always these lines under the butt. Not a great look. These are gone with the adjustments that I had to make.Woohoo. It is a little baggy back there, but I put that down to using a very stretchy wool blend fabric. I had no idea how much stretch there was when I selected the fabric to use for the first-after-fitting-the-muslin. I had to take in the waist significantly because of the stretch factor.

 These pants are so comfortable. I can't wait to wear them to work.

7 comments:

  1. They fit you perfectly! I've been thinking about getting a pants block through Steph, I really like the idea of using a block to work from and it seems to have worked well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:04 pm

    These look absolutely fabulous! I'm so pleased with your new pants, looks like the work we did paid off. :) I'll be smiling all day now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pants look great. The fit looks good. Such an easy to wear style. They also look great paired with all that red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh they look great and the fit of the back is perfect! I'm even more looking forward to working with StephC, I've just received my pants block :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic looking pair of pants!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent fit! No wrinkles anywhere! I'm sure it'll be very satisfying to apply your changes to other trouser patterns now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks - I love receiving comments.